Monday, June 10, 2013

dehydrating bananas

This is a fantastic food to make with a 3 year old.  He can peel bananas, he can cut bananas and he can put bananas on a tray.  And he loves to eat them once they are dehydrated!  It took the two of us about 20 minutes to do a few bunches of bananas.  He lasted the whole time.  The bonus is... not only does it keep him busy, it is productive.
 
On another note... I went to a class one time 3 hour class on "herbs".  I loved it. They taught us about dandelions, chick weeds and other common weeds and how we can use them.  Really good stuff to know.  Since then I have been teaching the kids to identify weeds and their uses.  Right now we are using the juice from a dandelion stem to try and scare off a wart on my food.  Gross I know, but it is working! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment